I bought Freelee’s eBook and I really want to do it. I just have a few doubts/things I need to think about first. These are:
1. How am I going to eat that much fruit in one sitting?
2. Being over full gives me acid reflux so will this?
3. Am I going to have to blend up small amounts of the smoothies over and over again as my Nutribullet is too small? I just spent loads on this and I’m not buying a food processor.
4. Do I need to drink that much living in the UK where it is cold? I do not wish to pee that many times a day especially as I work in a lab where you have to wash your hands every time you leave and enter and that leads to dry, painful and cracked hands. Plus I hate having a full bladder. It is so uncomfortable and when I am out shopping or at someone’s house it would be super inconvenient. Plus I hate having to get up in the night to pee.
5. My shift. I work 12 hour shifts and this could be somewhat of a problem for me because:
(a) I have no time to exercise on working days. I can’t even make time. It’s get up, get ready, leave (not a lot of time for eating either) and then go home, eat tea, shower/bath, go to bed and repeat. There’s just no time in there without compromising sleep.
(b) I get home and have eaten by 19.30-19.45 and then ideally need to be asleep by 21.30 at the latest. You are meant to have 3-4 hours between eating and sleeping. For someone who gets acid reflux, especially after lying down so close after eating, this is a problem. I try to eat a light meal when I get home and even then I sometimes wake up around 11 pm feeling very sick and grabbing a full dose of Gaviscon. It then takes about an hour for me to be able to lie down and sleep. So not only do I feel ill and feel the effects of this the next day, I am also tired and have to work 12 hours on little sleep. Eating so many calories before bedtime is not going to work. Initially at least. I’ve read that a raw diet helps a ton with acid reflux so that’s a pro but the meal before bed is a con – it is now anyway.
(c) My breaks at work are 10 am (1/2 hour), 2 pm (1/2 hour) and 4.30 pm (15 mins). I don’t know how this would affect it yet or if it’s even a problem. Just something to think about.
(d) Will I end up needing to go for a number 2 several times per day. I really do not want to do this at work.
6. My skin is dry since being on a vegan diet which is normal and apparently I need to eat more fats and oils but doesn’t raw till 4 restrict them even more? So won’t my skin get worse?
7. I struggle to stick at things so I’m worried about that.
Things I have figured out:
- With the breakfast I would eat half before I went to work and then half on my first break at 10 am.
- I would feel amazing and energised and healthy and that is what I am striving for right now.
- There are approximately 2 days worthy of sunbathing in the UK per year in my opinion! Therefore, there will be no sunbathing and probably a lack of Vitamin D.
- Eating a vegan diet is awesome and its many benefits have made me more interested in health, nutrition and cooking. So it makes sense to take it a step further.
- Since eating healthier my Interstitial Cystitis has drastically improved but has not gone away completely. I hear raw till 4 will help. I also want to come off the pill that I was only on for really painful and heavy periods that could well have been caused by all the dairy products that I was eating.
- I love fruit and pasta and rice so there are no worries about what I will eat.
- Overall, raw diets are meant to help a lot with acid reflux.
I think I need to do some more research and try eating some of the meals from the eBook. If you have any answers or suggestions they will be gratefully appreciated.